Cybersecurity and Data Breach Lawyer
Year called to the bar: 2008
The unpleasant reality for many Canadian businesses is not “If’ they may be compromised by a cyber attack – But “When”.
As with most complex matters, it is best to be proactive about cybersecurity. Mr. Ahmad is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP in Toronto and has extensive experience in this field and is recognized as a leading cybersecurity lawyer in Toronto.
He helps businesses in all sectors conduct legal risk assessments and develop and implement protocols as they pertain to cybersecurity. For businesses that have discovered they have been victimized by a cyber crime such as a data breach or other unauthorized intrusion, Mr. Ahmad can help formulate your public and private response, mitigate your damages and limit your legal and financial exposure.
Effective Legal Guidance to Counter Growing Cyber Threats
The search for exploits is 24/7. Whether state actors or agents, corporate competitors or curious teens – Your business and the private personal information of your clientele are constantly at risk from those seeking to penetrate week spots for economic, corporate competitiveness or military advantage.
Recognized for his expertise and dedication to this particular area of law, Imran was recently appointed to the Advisory Board of the Canadian Advanced Technologies Alliance’s Cyber Security Council. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Ontario Bar Association’s Privacy and Access to Information Law Section.
Industry-Specific Cybersecurity Best Practices:
- Advising boards and management teams on due diligence, compliance and legal duty of care
- Preparation and implementation of cyber incident response plans
- Strategic risk mitigation best practices advice
- Advising on Directors & Officers liability and insurance coverage
- Cybersecurity and data hardening
- Mission critical information backup and redundancy planing and preparation
- Stakeholder engagement on public policy and regulatory processes
- Representation in the event of an investigation, enforcement action or litigation
Professional memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Cyber Space)
- Toronto Board of Trade
- Called to the Ontario and Alberta Bars – 2008
- LL.B., Université de Montréal – 2005
- D.E.S.S., Common Law, Université de Sherbrooke – 2005
- LL.M., University of Ottawa – 2008
An Experienced Toronto Cybersecurity Lawyer on Your Side
An unauthorized intrusion can destroy your business and reputation and leave you vulnerable to legal and other consequences. It can happen to your business. Responsible executives and boards take proactive cybersecurity measures to guard against cyber crimes and data breaches.
Contact Imran Ahmad to discuss your risks and start development of a robust, strategic cybersecurity solution. 416-202-6708.